Recent Buys!

FINALLY. My two straight weeks of exams are done with. Not final exams, no- my schedule for this quarter is set up in a way that makes all my exams happen at once. So when one exam rolls around, well, they all just follow right along. Here I am though, with free time this weekend. I better soak it up while I can! I have so many things I want to write/blog about, so I may just post more than once today. For now though, I just wanted to share some of the things I have bought in the past 2 months. I have just let them accumulate, so I could do it all at once. I want to get everyone's input! Let me know if you own any of these products, or if you would like me to review/tell you more about a specific one if you are thinking about buying it. Here I go...

1) Too Faced Glamour Gloss in the shade "Sex Pot".  It is swatched on my hand, as well as worn on my lips. It is supposed to have a plumping effect, which I would say it genuinely does. 

2) Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I already returned this. I felt like it was very cakey, even if I used very little. I tried applying it many different ways also. I guess it just was not for me, even though it is supposed to work well with oily skin like mine. 
3) Scunci Effortless Beauty Hair Ties. I like these! They have no metal on them, which could damage your hair. Instead, they are just a stretchy fabric. I use these for the nights that I want to sleep with my hair up in a certain way, which will allow me to wake up with curls or waves, and no indentations from my hair tie!
4) Samples. These range from perfumes to shampoo & conditioner to face wash/lotion. If you have any interest in me being more detailed about these, just let me know!
5) Illamasqua Powder Blusher in the shade "Lover" (the square [black] compact). I LOVE this blush. It is the perfect pink/peachy color. It would look great on any skin tone, but would make tan/bronzy skin really stand out. This picture I have is terrible, and I am sorry, but here is a better picture from a different source.

6) Laura Mercier Foundation Powder in "Number 5". I honestly may just devote a whole post to this. I love it, and it is replacing basically any foundation I own, which never happens to me! It can be used wet or dry. Let me know if this is something I should go into detail about!
7) Bliss No 'Zit' Sherlock Acne System Correcting Serum (green box). This claims to "fade post-pimple pigmentation, minimize the appearance of large pores, even out skins tone and texture, helps keep skin clear of blackheads, prevents new acne blemishes, and eliminate most acne pimples". SO many things!  I have not used it consistently enough yet to know if it does all of those things (long term), but I do agree it can get rid of a pimple pretty fast!
8) Lorac Lips with Benefits Lip gloss (black box). I will have more about this in the picture below!

8) Okay- Lorac Lips with Benefits Lip Gloss in the shade "Mark". Can I just say the lip gloss in the tube is gorgeous?! Look at that design! I have been pulling the applicator out slowing so I do not mess up the design, and it has yet to budge. It is showing up pretty true to color on my lips. I really love this and it is decently long wearing. 
9) Revlon Lip Butters in the shades [from left to right in picture] "025 Peach Parfait, 075 Lollipop, 080 Strawberry Shortcake". I'm sure everyone has heard a lot about these; if not let me know! I like all three of the colors I own. Here is some swatches from an outside source.

10) Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray (Silver bottle). This claims to make blow dry time faster, be a heat protector, as well as making hair soft and frizz free. I agree, and love it!
11) Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel. I use this for moisturizing my skin as well as for spot treatments on pimples.
12) Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Detangler. This is supposed to moisturize, detangle, and smooth hair. I think it is an okay product, I will probably  not repurchase. 
13) Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in "270 Lacey Lilac". This color is on my nails in this picture, & I think it is perfect for spring.

**This image was from Maybellines website. Go here to see more of their products. 
14) Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadow in the shade "10 Fierce & Tangy". I did not have a picture of the product or have it swatched when I started this post, so I went to other sources. I do think this eyeshadow is completely LONG wearing. The orange shade I got can be built to be very bright, but I like to wear a thin layer, and put a shimmery cream colored eyeshadow over it to give it more wearable look. Go to Temptalia's Blog to see her swatches here!


Well... that pretty much sums  it all up. So much stuff it seems like! But I did return a few of my older products I had that were not included in this, such as NARS Sheer Matte Foundation, which gave me the extra money to buy the drugstore stuff. I'm sorry this is so long, but I hope you enjoyed it all!

xoxo